Guntur: Two women were killed, while five others sustained severe injuries when a gas cylinder exploded at NTR Nagar colony in Chilakaluripet at Guntur district, on Tuesday. Out of the five injured, two of them are said to be in critical condition.
According the police, Adi Lakshmi who lived in NTR Nagar had got a new gas cylinder in the morning. She called her neighbour Divya to help her connect the cylinder to the stove. In the process of fixing it the cylinder accidently exploded and both Adi Lakshmi and Divya died on the spot. The asbestos roof collapsed and the whole shanty was destroyed due to the impact of the explosion due to which five members of Adi Lakshmi’s family were injured.
The victims have been taken for treatment to the local government hospital where two of them are said to be in a critical state.
Police are trying to ascertain facts as to how the blast occurred and whether it was due to a faulty cylinder or a loose connection.
Source By Sakshi