Amaravati: Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will be launching the first welfare and financial scheme – YSR Vahan Mitra, for the benefit of auto drivers, taxi drivers and cab operators, on October 4th in Eluru.
Promise made during Praja Sankalpa Yatra fulfilled
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy while traversing through Eluru during his Praja Sankalpa Yatra spoke about the problems faced by the operators during a public meeting on May 14th 2018.
YS Jagan said that a group of auto drivers brought the problems being faced due to lack of valid documents insisted by transport to his notice and police officials during checks. They told him that they needed at least Rs 10,000 to get all the mandated documents mainly related to the vehicle fitness, road tax and insurance. Transport officials stopped the auto drivers who were forced to pay fines every time. In the meeting that day, YS Jagan made a promise to pay them Rs 10,000 every year if voted to power.
And true to his promise, in a span of four months of taking charge as Chief Minister, a GO was issued on September 9th and the YSR Vahana Mitra Scheme was promulgated. The State Government framed guidelines for eligibility and the annual allowance to be given to them to meet the insurance premium, license fees and other recurring expenses.
On October 4th, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch the scheme in the same place where he made the promise – Eluru.
All You Need To Know About The Scheme
- As part of the YSR Vahana Mitra scheme, the State Government will distribute Rs 10,000 financial assistance to auto, taxi and maxi driver/owners.
- This is perhaps the first time in the country that Rs 10,000 is being given to self-driven taxi and auto drivers towards maintenance.
- Based on the Policy guidelines, applications were called for from self-employed auto and taxi drivers to avail the scheme.
- Eligible beneficiaries were selected through applications received both through online and offline mode, between September 14 to 25.
- A total of 1,75,345 applications were received across the state and 1,73,102 applicants were identified as beneficiaries
- 2,250 applications were rejected
- 1, 56, 804 were Autos
- 5,093 were Maxi cabs
- 11, 205 were Taxi cabs
- Minister for Transport, Information, and Public Relations, Perni Nani had said that that Rs 400 Crore was allocated as part of the AP Budget for scheme.
- As part of the allocations, Rs 312 Crore was given for other Castes, Rs 68 Crore for SCs and RS 20 Crore for STs.
- Beneficiaries were identified based on the Aadhaar card, white ration card, vehicle registration certificate, driving license and bank passbook details.
- Visakhapatnam topped the list of beneficiaries with more than 24,512 beneficiaries- where GVMC alone was the largest beneficiary.
- Krishna district came in second with 20,333 beneficiaries identified and approved. East Godavari came in third with more than 19,209 beneficiaries.
- The approved documents of the scheme will be distributed to the beneficiaries under the guidance of the respective district ministers and collectors.
- A test run shall be conducted on transferring the amount to these accounts. The money deposit process will begin from October 4 and SMS will be sent to the beneficiaries.
- The eligible candidates can download the sanction order from the Government portal.
- For identifying these beneficiaries, a husband and wife would be treated as one unit. If both son and daughter are in the same field, they should be majors and unmarried only then would be treated as a unit.
Source By Sakshi