Mumbai: Fire in pantograph of local train at Vashi station, all passengers safely evacuated


Heavy smoke was detected on Wednesday on the Harbour line at Mumbai’s Vashi railway station after an overhead equipment tripped leading to a fire in the pantograph of a Panvel-bound local train.

A pantograph is an apparatus mounted on the roof of an electric train, tram or electric bus to collect power through contact with an overhead line.

Official Twitter account of the Central Railway, however, clarified that fire was caused due to a discarded bag by a person on the Panvel-bound local train.

The Central Railway in another tweet urged passengers not to throw objects on trains which may lead mishaps and a delay in services.

All passengers at the Vashi railway station were immediately evacuated as soon as the fire was reported.

Source By Indiatoday


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here