Vanilla sponge cake 1 (9×9 inches)
Whipped cream as required
Mini gulab jamun 20-25
Gulab jamun syrup 1 cup (warm)
Saffron 1 pinch (optional)
A pinch of cardamom powder
- Cut the vanilla sponge cake horizontally into two parts.
- Add saffron and cardamom powder in warm gulab jamun syrup. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Cut 10 gulab jamuns in slice and keep in the fridge.
- Soak both parts of cake with syrup. Place one part of cake on cake board or on plate.
- Spread whipped cream on cake and layer gulab jamun slice.
- Place other part of cake on it. Now frost it with whipped cream. Top with gulab jamuns and décor with whipped cream. Cool in fridge and serve.