Delhi: Dehradun student dies of electric shock at Oyo hotel


A Dehradun student, who had come to Delhi to participate in a shooting competition with his team and coach, died allegedly due to an electric shock from an appliance in his hotel room in Pul Prahladpur.

According to the police, the 15-year-old boy was found unconscious on the floor of his room at an OYO hotel on October 13. He was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.

According to his teammate, the boy was in his room taking a bath when they heard him scream. When he and the hotel staff entered his room through a ventilation window, they found him unconscious.

“It was suspected that the boy died due to electrical shock from an appliance in the bathroom. An FIR has been registered under section 304A of the Indian penal code on the basis of a complaint filed by the deceased’s coach Amar Singh. Post Mortem has been conducted and further investigation is going on,” the police said.

The deceased boy was a student at a boarding school in Dehradun. His parents hail from Nawada, Bihar and are currently living in Jharkhand.

The boy and his team were in Delhi for shooting competition in the Karni Singh Shooting range.

Source By Indiatoday


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here