- Tuar dal(soaked in water) 1 cup
- Channa dal 1/2 cup
- Spring onions(finely chopped) 2-3
- Green chillies(finley cut) 2-3
- Fresh coriander leaves(chopped) 2 tbsp
- Curry patta(finely chopped) 8-10
- Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- Veg cooking oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Grind together tuar dal with half channa dal to form a thick paste.
- Mix the remaining channa dal and other ingredients like spring onions, green chillis, coriander leaves, curry patta, ginger and garlic pastes and salt to form a thick batter with the ground paste and make vadas.
- In a kadai, heat oil, to deep-fry the vadas till they turn brown in colour.
- Serve hot with sweet and sour tamarind chutney.