1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 (8-oz.) container Cool Whip
1 large egg
1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat cake mix with Cool Whip and egg until smooth and dough has a taffy-like consistency, about 1 minute.
- Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough into the powdered sugar and roll to coat completely.
- Arrange each ball 2″ apart on prepared baking sheets and bake, rotating the trays halfway through, until cookies crackle and are set but still slightly soft in the center, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.