- Coarsely-chopped almonds 1 ½ cups
- Light brown sugar 2 cups
- Butter 450g
- Milk chocolate chips 3 cups
- Spread ¾ cup coarsely chopped almonds onto the bottom of an 18×13 inch cookie sheet. Keep aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine sugar and butter over medium high heat; keep stirring frequently unit bubbly and thick.
- Pour candy mixture evenly on top of the almonds in cookie sheet. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Melt milk chocolate chips in microwave with 1 tsp oil to help keep it smooth. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment, until completely melted and smooth.
- Spread layer of chocolate on candy and sprinkle remaining almonds evenly over the top of chocolate layer.
- Allow to set up for a few hours. Place in fridge if you need them to cool faster.
- Once completely set up and hardened, use a knife and break into pieces.
- Note: You can replace almond with peanut as well.